It’s a great race DAPs style in August 19, 2007! (Don’t worry no running required.)
Teams of 2-4 people have 7 hours to ride as many listed attractions as they can.
But wait… we need to see proof that you are not only getting on the rides, but riding on them as well. So keep your digital cameras handy. Take one photo of your group on the attraction before it starts and one picture either during the ride, as it’s ending, or getting off the ride. (Please avoid flash pictures inside attractions where it is not permitted.) Each attraction is worth 2 pts (one per picture; only two photos will be counted for points) and 1 bonus point for all “E” ticket attractions.
Try to make your pictures interesting and use your creativity. The team whose picture is voted “Best Caption of the Week photo” by our judges will get bonus points.
Don’t forget that bonus points will also be rewarded for any DAPs wear. The bigger the DAPs pride the more points you may be scored. (See Guidelines for more information on how to get DAPs wear.)
So get your groups and cameras ready for all the twists, turns, spill, thrills, and surprises that await you in the Great DAPs Derby!
1. Have fun! This game if designed for your enjoyment. If you aren't having fun, you aren't playing the game properly!
2. Follow ALL rules of the Disneyland Resort. This means no cutting in line!!!
3. Please be mindful of other guests of the park. This is not "your" day at Disneyland. We are all there to enjoy Walt's magic together.
4. Fast passes ARE allowed. You are more than welcome to show up at the park when it opens and retrieve fast passes for use in the game. Re-Ad's and VMK Passes are NOT allowed!
5. NO CHEATING. Please be on the honor system. DAPs Magic staff will be walking around the park to monitor things, but please just play by the rules.
6. You must ride the entire attraction! No Exceptions!!!
7. Each attraction will only be counted one time! You can not ride Buzz 18 times and think it will count! It will only count once!
8. Bonus points will be given for wearing DAPs gear. This must be purchased BEFORE the event, and remember that it takes time for shipping. You may purchase regular DAPswear on the SHOP page or if you want DAPswear specific to this event, you may purchase it here at the DAPs Magic Digital Derby Shop or you may click on the shirt on the right!
9. Be on time! The game will start promptly at 11:00 am. Registration begins at 10:00 am. We will not wait for you! The game ends at 6:00 pm. If you are late, there will be penalty points. No exceptions!
10. Use of a Single Rider line is NOT acceptable. If your team consists of two players both players must go on the ride. If your team consists of 3-4 players you are permitted to allow ONE team member to sit out per ride if necessary.
11. Each team MUST have a Digital Camera. Photos required must be saved to a memory card for transfer to the DAPs Magic laptop where photos will be judged..