Disneyland's Mint Julep Bar found in New Orleans Square next to the French Market. It is home to perhaps one of Disneyland's most famous beverage, the Mint Julep.
This refreshing beverage is wonderful for a hot summer afternoon or to enjoy while waiting along the Rivers of America.
The following is the recipe for Disneyland's Mint Julep. It is given to guests at City Hall when asked for.
Ingredients for Disneyland's Mint Julep:
- 1 lb granulated sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/4 ounces lime juice concentrate
- 8 1/2 ounces lemonade concentrate
- 3/4 cup creme de menthe (syrup available at liquor stores. Do not confuse it with creme de menthe liqueur)
- Can be garnished with mint leaves, lime slices, maraschino cherries.
Direction for Disneyland's Mint Julep:
- Combine the sugar and water in a 3 quart saucepan. Stir the contents until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in lime and lemonade concentrate next. Continue stirring and bring to boil just below the boiling point (210 degrees.) DO NOT BOIL!
- Remove pan from heat and chill. Once chilled, add a ratio of 1 part syrup to 5 parts chilled water.
- Transfer beverage to pitcher and enjoy!
- Garnish each serving with mint leaves, lime slice and a maraschino cherry.