Hey everyone! Welcome to this week’s DC’s Epic Adventure! My trip is just days away and I wanted to share with a few convention tips I learned while at Phoenix Comicon. I am hoping to be able to utilize these tips while at the D23 Expo. I also hope they will help out anyone who has never been to any sort of convention.
- Wear comfortable shoes- I can’t stress how important this is. It is true that you will spending a fair amount of time sitting in panels, but there will be a lot of walking in between and waiting in line. Sneakers are your friend!
- Bring batteries or make sure your electronics are charged- On the first day of Comicon we didn’t check our camera and our batteries died. We wasted a good hour searching for batteries.
- Plan your schedule in advance- It definitely helps to look at the event schedule in advance to see what things you’d like to do. There is always something going on but if you have an outline of things you must see it helps. Disney has provided a smart phone app for this at http://www.d23mobile.com.
- Be in line for events early- Make sure if you really want to see a panel to get there early! Popular panels tend to fill up quickly, so I usually plan on being there 30 minutes or earlier.
- Use your time between panels wisely- If you only have an hour between panels, this is your time to go to the bathroom and grab a drink or snack. There is nothing less fun that not enjoying a panel because you have to use the restroom or are starving.
I hope these tips help to make the D23 Expo more enjoyable for everyone who is coming! See you all there!
Have a Magical Day!