Visit the Summer of Heroes at the Disneyland Resort this year and it doesn’t take long to discover that there are some incredible food offerings to be had. One of those offerings that can be found at the Studio Catering Co. food truck in Hollywood Backlots are the Savory Strength Falafel Pita. This delicious falafel has chickpea fritters with spinach, cucumber mint slaw and spiced yogurt sauce (Currently served at Cosmic Canteen until June 6). During the media event to celebrate the opening of Summer of Heroes, Mr. DAPs had the chance to find out how these Savory Strength Falafel Pitas are made from Chef Caine Littrell.
The Savory Strength Falafel Pita isn’t the only dish to be enjoyed in Disney California Adventure during the Summer of Heroes at the Disneyland Resort. There are many other menu options to be found that include the following menus at these locations:
- Quiver of Funnel Cake Fries with mango and raspberry coulis and whipped cream
- Angry Little Pudding Cup with chocolate pudding, chocolate sandwich cookies, whipped cream and funnel cake fries
- Doughnuts (a rotating menu offered until 11 a.m.)
- Gamma-Sized Doughnut – Filled with blackberry and black currant
- The All-American Doughnut – Filled with apple and streusel topping
- Spider Bite – A cinnamon-spiced doughnut
- Local Favorite – A maple-bacon filled doughnut with maple cream
- Rocket Fuel (mocha)
- Mango Mayhem
- Strawberry Banana Breakout
- Infinity-Ade (lavender lemonade) with a glow cube
- Friendly Neighborhood Macaron – A vanilla ice cream-filled macaron
Bifrosties (shave ice)
- Spinal Fluid – Banana, mango coulis and chili-lime spice
- Spider Venom – Blue raspberry and cherry with condensed milk
- Smash Ice – Lime and grape
- Whistle Blue – Lime, blue raspberry and blue sugar
- I am Shave Ice – Root beer and vanilla
- Ice Reactor – Strawberry and banana
- Option to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to any shave ice
- Cosmic Cocktails
- Be Brave, Be Blue (UV Blue Raspberry Bombsicle)
- Singulari-Tea (Rum Island Ice Tea)
- Lemon Lightning (Titan IPA and lemonade)
- Blasted Lemonades (Vodka with choice of lemonade)
- Breakout Beverages
- Krylorian Koolers – Non-alcoholic strawberry or watermelon lemonade
- Assorted Coca-Cola® beverages
- Battle Brews
- Nectars (wine)
- Jalapeño-Cheese Groot-Shaped Bread
Studio Catering Co.
- Super Hero Sized Sub – Peppered salami, Capocollo, Mortadela, Provolone Cheese, lettuce, tomato, pepperoncini and pickled onion on a hoagie roll, topped with red wine vinaigrette*
- Promising Future Falafel Pita – Chickpea fritters with pickled red cabbage, yellow bell peppers and charmoula sauce*
- Savory Strength Falafel Pita – Chickpea Fritters with spinach, cucumber mint slaw and spiced yogurt sauce*
- The Milano – Fanta® orange freeze with blue cream
- Cherry Necroblaster – Cherry Coca-Cola® Freeze
- Multiverse Parfait – Chocolate cake layered with white and dark chocolate mousse and cherry jelly, topped with chocolate ganache
- Sourdough Groot-Shaped Bread
- Groot Sipper – Available at Award Wieners, Studio Catering Co., Smokejumpers Grill and “a bug’s land” cart
- Spider Man Straw – Available at Award Wieners, Bifrosties and Studio Catering Co.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission – BREAKOUT! Popcorn Bucket
- The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy – Barbacoa beef tacos with green onion slaw, purple cabbage, pickled onions, habanero salsa and green tortillas (vegetarian version also available)
- Obviously Nachos – Fried blue corn tortillas with red pepper cheese sauce, mojo-marinated chicken, chipotle crèma and green onions (vegetarian version also available)
- Space Outpost Tacos – Chicken street tacos with chopped cilantro and onions (vegetarian version also available)
- Hot Flare Margarita (jalapeño)
- Solar Flare Margarita (watermelon)
Many of these foods were offered at the Media Event to celebrate the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and Summer of Heroes at the Disneyland Resort. To say they were delicious would be an understatement. Some highlights that should not be missed are the Obviously Nachos and Space Outpost Tacos. The Spinal Fluid was also a very refreshing adult beverage that is sure to be enjoyed throughout the the summer as well.
As with all things at the Disneyland Resort, all offerings are subject to available and could also be changed at any time. Go check out the food during Summer of Heroes while you can and then let me know what your favorite was in the comments below!
* These items will be served at Cosmic Canteen until June 6.
** Knowhere Eats will open on June 6, and these offerings can be found at Studio Catering Co. and Cosmic Canteen until that date.
**DAPS MAGIC received a complimentary product or experience to facilitate the writing of this article. It did not influence the opinions of the author. Opinions are wholly the views of the author. View the DAPs Magic Disclosure Policy for more info. Link for Disclosure Policy can be found at the bottom of this page.**