Disneyland has begun soft-opening performances of the Together Forever fireworks spectacular ahead of the official start of Pixar Fest on April 13th. This beautiful celebration of friendship lights up the night sky over Disneyland as it celebrates the friendships found in all 19 Disney-Pixar films. DAPS MAGIC was on hand to catch one of the soft opening presentations of this new fireworks show.
Susana Tubert, creative director of Together Forever shared about some of the inspiration for the show saying, “ ‘Together Forever’ is an ode to the heart of Pixar from Disneyland. It was important to capture what makes Pixar films unique, and to show how they are driven by an emotional component that connects viewers to the characters. We have captured those relationships to celebrate ‘friendship and beyond,’ the theme of Pixar Fest, and we’re taking guests on an emotional journey with the Pixar characters as they forge everlasting friendships.”
She also shared that “ ‘Together Forever’ not only pulls on the heartstrings, it also incorporates the humor that is iconic to Pixar films. We’re excited to bring a funny fireworks show to Disneyland that falls in line with the heart of Pixar stories. Plus, laughter is an important component of friendships.”
Pixar Fest begins at the Disneyland Resort on April 13, 2018 and will continue to September 3, 2018. Before you visit Pixar Fest, check out DAPS MAGIC’s GUIDE TO PIXAR FEST. Also, take a few minutes to take a look at some of the fun facts about Together Forever that were shared with DAPS MAGIC by the Disneyland Resort.
Together Forever Fun Facts:
- “Together Forever” celebrates the everlasting bonds of friendship between guests, as well as the friendships of beloved Pixar characters from all 19 Disney•Pixar films.
- “Together Forever” opens with Buzz Lightyear, who flies 100 feet in the air above Sleeping Beauty Castle on a flight path that is 350 feet long.
- As Buzz Lightyear takes flight, he opens the show with a new line of diaologue: “To friendship…and beyond!”
- The fireworks for “Together Forever” were specifically developed and designed to enhance the projected images within the show and to match Pixar Animations Studios’ color palette.
- “Together Forever” contains more than 900 separate fireworks effects, digitally controlled within 1/30 of a second.
- An all-new musical score was recorded for “Together Forever.” The orchestra was composed of 101 musicians and 20 vocalists. The score features popular songs from Pixar films, in addition to iconic instrumental themes.
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me,” the hit song by Randy Newman from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” serves as the musical thread for the show. Guests will be inspired to sing along as this anthem becomes the rousing finale. This version of the song is a custom arrangement made specifically for “Together Forever.”
- On Main Street, U.S.A., mapped projections bring the storytelling of “Together Forever” to life. The same technology is used for projections on Sleeping Beauty Castle and the façade of the “it’s a small world” attraction.
- Each of the four viewing areas in the park – Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, Rivers of America and “it’s a small world” – feature custom effects that create a unique experience for guests at each location.
- With the use of projection mapping, more than 300 Space Aliens from “Toy Story” appear on the façade of the buildings on Main Street, U.S.A., and Sleeping Beauty Castle during their moment in “Together Forever.” The adorable green Space Aliens also appear on the façade of the “it’s a small world” attraction.
- Multiple laser beams project down Main Street, U.S.A., in the scene where the Incredibles battle the Omnidroid at Sleeping Beauty Castle. Lasers are also used at the Rivers of America viewing location.
- The story heats up during a pivotal scene from “Toy Story 3,” as Sleeping Beauty Castle is flanked by six shooting flames that reach up to 30 feet in the air.
- During the “Coco” adventure, 10 townspeople from the Land of the Dead appear on the rooftops of Main Street, U.S.A. Each of these characters stretches more than 10 feet tall and they join the animated mariachi and folklórico dancers projected on Main Street U.S.A., bringing to life a colorful fiesta.
- The voice of Anthony Gonzalez, who played the lead role of Miguel in Disney•Pixar’s “Coco,” can be heard singing “The World Es Mi Familia” during the “Coco” adventure of “Together Forever.”
- “The World Es Mi Familia” features authentic Mexican singers and musicians who play traditional mariachi instruments like the vihuela, guitar, and guitarrón.
- Several objects have flown above Sleeping Beauty Castle in past nighttime spectaculars, and the largest one ever is in “Together Forever” – Carl Fredricksen’s House from Disney•Pixar’s film, “Up.”
- Guests can look out for the Pizza Planet truck in “Together Forever.” Seen in “Toy Story,” the Pizza Planet truck also appears as an Easter Eggs hidden in most Pixar films.
What is your favorite part of Together Forever? Where are you most looking forward to watching it from?