This year Walt Disney World will be celebrating the 23rd Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Between August 30 and November 12, over 30 global food markets will be serving up delicious food and drink to Disney guests. This year there will be new culinary experiences along with some classics. New experiences include Food & Beverage Pairing in the Festival Center each Friday through Sunday and also the “Sunday Brunch with the Chef” series. The Eat to the Beat Concert Series and five popular Party for the Senses events will be returning.
Since 1996, the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival has been delighting taste buds of guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort. Here are some of the exciting offerings that will be at Epcot for this festival this year:
- Taste Track – There is a lot to be found at the new Taste Track. This includes specialty croissant doughnuts (even better with gelato). Once again this year it is extending into Future World with new foods and flavors. Some of the new foods include a Butternut Squash Ravioli with brown butter vinaigrette. There is also parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds at The Wine & Dine Studio; Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak with smoked corn cake, pickled vegetable slaw and cilantro aïoli at Flavors from Fire; and New Brunswick Slider, slow-braised beef brisket “pot roast-style” on a potato roll with horseradish cream, crispy fried onions and pickled vegetables on the side at the Hops & Barley.
- Sunday Brunch with the Chef – Found in World Showcase, this begins on September 2nd with Top Chef All-Star Richard Blais. This will continue on select Sundays through November 11. Celebrity chefs will include Jamie Deen, Tiffani Thiessen, Masaharu Morimoto, Buddy Valastro, Art Smith, Geoffrey Zakarian, Carla Hall and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- Eat to the Beat Concerts – A yearly offering, this year there will be 225 shows throughout the course of the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival at the America Gardens Theatre stage. With three shows each night, there will be multiple musical acts that include Vertical Horizon, Sheila E, 98 Degrees, MercyMe and Glass Tiger. There will also be a host of returning favorites.
- Party for the Senses – This is a tasting event at World ShowPlace, it will have both chefs and vintners on Sept. 22, Oct. 6, 13, 20 and Nov. 10 sharing “creative bites and palate-pleasing sips” that are coupled with some incredible live entertainment. This is being billed as a “can’t-miss” tasting event.
- Mix it, Make It, Celebrate It Workshops – These events will be offered on Wednesdays and Thursday and offer brand new opportunities for guests to interect with visiting chefs, bakers, mixologists, and other culinary pros. The specifics of these events and their topics will be announced sometime this summer.
- Popular TV Chefs and Culinary Icons – There are multiple celebrity TV chefs and culinary icons on their way to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Already known to be coming to the festival are Robert Irvine, Maneet Chauhan, Jet Tila, Shaun O’Neale, Keegan Gerhard, Dan Pashman and Rock Harper. They will be hosting seminars and other events that will be both entertaining and inspiring for foodies at the festival.
- A “Ratatouille”-Inspired Adventure – Chef Remy returns to encourage families to play together with Remy’s
- Ratatouille Hide ‘n’ Squeak scavenger hunt. Chef Remy will be hiding in all new locations throughout Epcot this year.
- Back to Basics – This is a complimentary weekend series that is in the Festival Center. There will be both tips and trips from the pros along with book and bottle signings from the world’s top vintners.
- The Chocolate Experiences: From Bean to the Bar – This will give a chance to learn about Chocolate from Ghirardelli and also get chocolate samples!
- Culinary and Beverage Demonstrations – Offered daily, these demonstrations offer both educational experiences and tasting sessions in the Festival Center.
- Cheese Seminars – On select Saturday, cheese lovers can learn all about cheese!
- Eat to the Beat & Specialty Dining Packages and Pairing Events – Throughout the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival there will be dining and pairing packages events available for a number of Epcot’s participating restaurants. Bookings for special programming and premium, festival events are now open.
Party for the Senses grand tasting events, signature dinners and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. Call (407) WDW-FEST (939-3378) to make reservations and find more details at TasteEpcot.com.
For all Epcot guests, Back to Basics series, book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, Festival Passport are included with admission. There are also opportunities to purchase and pair wines, beers, and cocktails with a multitude of dishes throughout the parks.
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is a fun event that the DAPS MAGIC team has enjoyed through the years. What’s your favorite part of the festival? Let us know in the comments below!