Today it was announced that Oga’s Cantina will be opening in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019. With the announcement on the Disney Parks Blog, more information was released via the Orange County Register. This includes some things that are sure to excite fans. Some other things will change some things at the Disneyland Resort in particular. Here is a look at what was announced today:
- Run by Oga Garra, Oga’s Cantina will attraction the best and worst of the galaxy. The goal always is to keep the peace in the cantina despite the various characters that visit.
- Oga’s Cantina has a history of being a safe haven for smugglers to hide in.
- Both Stormtroopers and “familiar faces” could appear in the cantina.
- It will be serving alcohol Disney has told the OC Register. This decision was made with the motivation being that it would help make for a more realistic and experiential story experience in Galaxy’s Edge. At this point, alcohol will only be served and consumed in the cantina.
- The music will be provided by RX-24. The former StarSpeeder 3000 pilot droid more commonly recognized as Rex from the original Star Tours, he now has re-designed himself as a DJ. Expect his quirky conversation that is known and loved to return.
- Orga’s Cantina will open with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019.
- A menu for the cantina is still in development and will be shared at a later date.
What do you think about these details for Oga’s Cantina in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge? Do you think there will be blue milk? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!