ANAHEIM, Calif. (March 19, 2019) – Disneyland Resort welcomes the return of the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, running now through April 23, 2019. With plenty of decadent delights and special festival entertainment for all ages, guests may indulge at this celebration that commends the Golden State for its unforgettable ingredients, cuisine, beverages and culinary professionals. For visitors ready to enjoy culinary creativity, here are 10 delectable ways to make the most of the festival at Disney California Adventure Park.
- Taste innovative treats at the Festival Marketplaces: Guests will sample irresistible dishes offered at the 14 Festival Marketplaces. Each mouthwatering menu item features fresh, California-grown ingredients, from avocados to strawberries, peppers and more. Visitors can learn more about these special food items on the Disney Parks Blog in the Foodie Guide to 2019 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival. Additionally, guests have the option to also try an impressive array of craft beers, boutique wines and specialty cocktails designed to perfectly complement each delicious dish.
- Purchase a Sip and Savor Pass*: Guests who plan to taste their way through the Festival Marketplaces and participating locations may choose to purchase the Sip and Savor Passto get the best value. Each Sip and Savor Pass consists of a commemorative credential, plus eight coupons redeemable for eligible food and beverage offerings (excluding alcohol and souvenir items).
- Learn cooking tips as you experience culinary demonstrations: On select days, guests will discover culinary demonstrations by talented chefs who will share kitchen tricks that have brought them to the forefront of the industry. Guests can enjoy these complimentary demonstrations live on the Backlot Stage in Hollywood Land with seating and standing room available. Show times can be found on Disneyland.com and on the printed festival guide.
- Celebrate family time at family-friendly seminars: Festival seminars are great for friends and family of all ages. During the Family Time presentations, Chef Daniella Malfitano demonstrates how to make meals matter for families on the go. This presentation is located on the Backlot Stage in Hollywood Land on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays starting at 3 p.m. throughout the festival. Capacity is limited and seating is available on a first-come, first-seated basis. For additional information, check out the Disneyland Mobile App, signs at the venue or grab a printed festival guide as you enter Disney California Adventure park.
- Let kids take the stage at Jr. Chef, with a hands-on experience led by Chef Goofy: Aspiring young chefs get in the “kitchen” with Chef Goofy where they’ll mix a variety of ingredients to create magical treats. The Jr. Chef experience is available on a first-come, first-served basis for children ages 3 to 11. Each child will receive a ready-to-eat baked treat after their time with Goofy on stage. There is no additional cost to participate. The Jr. Chef kitchen is open for fun several times daily in the Hollywood Backlot. Daily shows are posted at the event location and on the Disneyland Mobile App.
- Flaunt festival merchandise: Guests may add flair to their visit with some new festival apparel and accessories. The Food & Wine Festival commemorative merchandise includes themed favorites including a sprit jersey, casual tee shirt and festival-inspired Minnie ears. Other merchandise items include a cutting board in the shape of wine bottle, themed glassware, salt and pepper shakers and an apron. These items are available throughout Disney California Adventure for a limited time.
- Reserve Dinner with the Disney Chefs**: For a uniquely Disney experience, guests may choose to make a reservation for the signature event, Dinner with the Disney Chefs. This special dining opportunity will take place Thursday, March 28, from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on this night only. Here, guests will enjoy a delicious four-course meal prepared by three featured Disney chefs: Culinary Director Chef John State, Chef de Cuisine Jimmy Weita, and Executive Pastry Chef Jean-Marc Viallet. A delightfully paired beverage menu will also be curated for the presentation. For an added bonus, the new Disney Festivals Cookbook will be released and available for signing after the event.
- Treat yourself to a special “In the Kitchen With…” live event**: Guests will experience intimate encounters with celebrity chefs from around the world who will demonstrate their favorite dishes live and answer questions from the audience at the Palisades Stage in Paradise Gardens Park. Guests can book these events at Disneyland.com, and advance reservations are recommended.
- Sample specialty desserts at the popular Sweet Sundays signature event**: Guests will enjoy the sweeter things in life by reserving a date for the returning favorite Sweet Sundays, a signature event at the festival. Celebrity pastry chefs teach guests how to make their favorite desserts all while sharing their secret ingredients towards baking success. A light brunch buffet will be served and will include a tasting of the demonstrated desserts. Guests can book these events at Disneyland.com, and advance reservations are recommended.
- Earn a digital Food & Wine Achievement in the Play Disney Parks app***: Guests logged in to the Play Disney Parks mobile app will receive a digital achievement to add their collection when they attend the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.
*Sip and Savor Pass entitlements may only be redeemed during regular Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival operating hours, and the Pass expires on April 23, 2019. A Pass has eight (8) coupons and each coupon may be redeemed for one (1) food or non-alcoholic beverage item at participating Festival locations. Excludes novelties including souvenir tumblers. No discounts apply. Nonrefundable, nontransferable, may not be redeemed for cash (in whole or in part), no substitutions and no change given. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate Theme Park admission required.
**Separate admission to Disney California Adventure Park is required. Additional fees for select events, demonstrations and seminars may be required. Space is limited for all such ticketed events; advance reservations are recommended. Full payment may be due at time of booking, and cancellation fees may apply. No refunds, credit or date or time changes. Guests must be 21 years of age or over to consume alcohol and to participate in some events; valid photo ID required. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.
***Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. Some features require separate theme park admission.