Chorizo Breakfast Casserole – GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, especially when vacationing at the Walt Disney World Resort! One of the places that is fun to stay at Walt Disney World is the Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. One reason it is fun is that the villas have their own cooking spaces!
The Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Chorizo Breakfast Casserole that is perfect for creating while staying at Copper Creek. Or, if you just wish you were staying at Walt Disney World try it in your own kitchen! Check out the recipe below, give it a try, and then let us know how it turns out for you!
Chorizo Breakfast Casserole - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo, small dice
- 1 cup yellow onions, small dice
- 2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the chorizo in a pan over medium heat for about one to two minutes until most of the oil is released.
- Remove chorizo, drain and set aside.
- In about 1 tablespoon of the chorizo oil cook the onions and bell pepper until translucent (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season mixture with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Layer bread, chorizo, onions and peppers in an 8-inch baking dish.
- Pour milk and eggs mixture evenly over baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 60 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, set aside to let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
How’d this recipe turn out for you? Share your experience and thoughts in the comments below!